Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bare Minerals makeup....reviews???

PROS AND CONS PLEASE...I'M THINKING ABOUT BUYING IT





I have acne prone skin (adult acne since I am 20 and still break out, badly) and my skin also tends to get shiny/oily later on in the day but is very dry for a couple of hours after I wash it...umm what else?


oh yeah, i have scarring from acne.


So do you guys know if it will be good for me or bad?


any negative or positive experinces with the makeup?


any help will be appreciated. THANKS!!!!Bare Minerals makeup....reviews???
I use it and I love it. It has alot of other products you can buy once you see if you like the basic stuff. I found a couple of sites on reviews that might be helpful to you. Lots of times when I want to research a product before I buy I go to makeupalley and they are full of info ....I am gonna give you some sites that have reviews on it .....





http://www.makeupalley.com/





http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showr鈥?/a>





http://www.viewpoints.com/Bare-Escentual鈥?/a>





Hope this is helpful to you ~~~


Good Luck ~~~Bare Minerals makeup....reviews???
Yup pretty much everyone who has used it will say they love. I LOVE IT. I have used it for like 5 years but I had to switch to sheer cover. I have alot of old acne scars and like you i'm 22 and still get bad breakouts. So I had to switch because I wanted to use liquid foundation which I found to work better to cover the acne scars. Bare really makes your skin look really beautiful and it really help control the oil with mineral veil. The sheer cover works good it's simalur to bare, I was hesitant after being a loyal customer of Bare but tried it and it works great. You just have to find what works for you!
I really like mine, but to cover up some of my acne I need a bit stronger of a concealer. I use one of my own that blends really well, but you can probably buy one from the store, essp. for the scars you are talking about. I bought a starter kit which is really great because it comes with a mineral veil which absorbs the oil in your face, then you get two skin tone shades, the second should be darker than you regular so you can adjust in summer months. It also comes with a vitamin acne mosturizer- that fights acne under the make-up. Then it comes with what they call warmth, which is basically a tanner or bronzer. Then you have clear radiance which is a sort of all around illuminator- to help brighten the skin. I also bought a blush as well in rose radiance, but the clear radiance kind of works like a blush in a way.








After I bought my kit, I also found that they have it in target- almost the exact same kit for only $49- I think the only difference is that it comes with fewer brushes and does not have a travel compact (which the other kit has). I paid in the store over $100, so I was kind of mad but at least I can pass that detail to you- GOOD LUCK!
Bare minerals is great, but it wont cover acne as well as other makeups.





Stay away from GloMinerals *it has shine to it





Another thing about mineral makeup though is that if you rub it on a lot it will show more shine.





It's great because it doesnt clog your pores, but if you wash your face twice a day then you won't have that issue with any makeup. Go for the best coverage if you have a well established skin care regimen
sooo i purchased the bar minerals starter kit after reading all the reviews and im not going to lie, my skin seriously doesnt look any better.. the after pictures soo someoone looking flawless who looked good before.. i have no pimples and pretty decent skin but i looked the exact same and still got oily and my dry skin showed through so i dont know.. i wouldnt exactly recommend it but you can try it for yourself and get back to me on it, i think i'd like to know how it worked for you! sooo yeah you should do that :) i hope it works for you!
Great makeup for many people, my mom loves it! For me it didn't offer enough coverage and took a long time to apply. I had to sit there trying to layer it enough to cover up any small acne spots. It seemed to feel dry around my eye area even though I don't have dry skin at all.





I haven't been happy using powder foundations. I like a cream to powder formula instead. Many people with sensitive skin like mineral makeup though.
It is good in the sense that it doesn't clog your pores.


But, honestly, if you have a lot of acne then it isn't going to cover ****.


It's good for ';good'; skin or ';average'; skin but I think for what you're looking for you'd be dissapointed.





I only use mine rarely. If my skin is clear but uneven or if I am really, really lazy and don't care how I look. I probably won't buy it again when I run out.
i've used it for 6months. it's great. i have sensitive skin and i often sleep in it and never get acne. the only con for me is probably that it doesnt fully cover my old acne scars but i noticed they have concealers so i will try that otherwise i rate the product 10/10
pros : it makes your skin clearer , its soft and goes on great , i like it


cons: it doesnt cover up very well , its really expensive , and if you spill it it stains until you machine wash it out
I have used it for a couple years now ILOVE IT!!! and everything ive ever read speaks very highly for it in the fight againest acne.... try it youll love it!!
try using cover fx mineral foundation for covering up your acne... it design to do dat
Well for me its kind of a love/hate thing.





Pro's


I love that its mineral makeup [of course]


I like the color's


the foundation matches my skin almost exactly


And that it has brushes[more on the brushes]


I love the eyebrow kit [Its not a pencil its a brush and a pot of powder. very nice :)]


I like the chapstick that comes with it [ you can use it and dip it in the eyeshadows and stuff and use them as lipstick]





When i put it on it looks weird like it wont go on my skin all the way


Sweating makes the foundation and even the eyeshadow come off!


It wears off reallly quickly [even if you dont sweat!]


The brushes are not as soft and nice as they said they were [GRRRR]


The makeup goes everywhere, Major fallout and it always gets in my eyes and irritates them


Kind of looks cakey sometimes [no i dont put a whole bunch on, BARELY any]


I have to keep re-applying it


Really way too much money for something you have to re-apply all the time.








Suggestions:


Try foiling the eyeshadows [make sure you always foil the gold colors. they dont work well if you dont]


Buy Liquif-Eye by TooFaced [it helps with the eyeliner]


http://toofaced.com/product.asp?cat_id=1鈥?/a>





I suggest you get MAC Cosmetics, You get way more for your money. WAAAAAAAAY more











Hope that helped:)
I have mixed feelings about it. When I first began using it, I was very happy w/ it. I thought the coverage was good and the mineral veil did wonders for my oily skin. I really liked the concealer brush and felt that it did a great job. I have some odd undertones to my skin color and I have a very hard time finding makeup that matches those undertones. This did a wonderful job, blended well and you ';control'; the amount of coverage. I didn't have ';lines'; around my face. It did not cause any acne problems for me. (My skin is nowhere near perfect and I do have breakouts here and there occasionally.) It lasted until the next shipment came and I never ran out before the new set arrived. The ';eye enhancer'; which comes as a free gift w/ the initial shipment is great (a little goes a long way).





However, the brushes made my face itch...horribly. The ';dust'; from the powder was everywhere (floor, sink, counter) and I am not a messy person. It does come w/ a ';travel compact';, again it's sloppy to use and hope and pray that it doesn't pop open while in your handbag. You also need to carry around a brush w/ you to apply it. Be VERY careful w/ the bronzer....a VERY little goes a VERY long way (it's great though). The makeup will rub on your clothing and fingers if anything touches your face. After a few months of use, I did notice that my oily skin had conquered the mineral veil. (Maybe your skin gets used to it or maybe I just wasn't using enough.) I didn't feel that the coverage was good enough or lasted all day and I usually had to touch it up. It does take more time to apply than other makeup. I finally couldn't handle the itching and makeup covered clothes/floor/counter so I went back to foundation. I do occasionally use it.





I have 2 friends who use it as well...one stopped because of the itchy brushes. The other LOVES it. She has a very red face and it is the only makeup that will blend into her skin to tone down the redness. She looks great in it!





I have tried numerous times to clean the brushes and they do not clean well. The brushes are not bothersome when I replaced the constantly but they are pricey and I couldn't find any other type of brush that worked the same way.





I would definitely say that it's worth a try. Play around w/ the brushes to find the one that offers the best coverage for you. Enjoy! =}
  • anti virus scan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    email hosting