Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bare Minerals makeup? Any reviews?

Hi! I just bought the Bare MInerals starter kit..


Usually, makeup/liquid foundation breaks me out..





Does anyone have reviews for this product?


Does it last all day?Bare Minerals makeup? Any reviews?
I bought it about a week ago and it looks okay as long as you use a primer. I would take it back, but my skin is pretty broken out so I want to let it clear up and this stuff is supposed to be good on the skin. After a few hours it does wear off though!





There is this stuff by benefit that looked so good, I am still contemplating returning my bare minerals for it!


They also have a primer that is not supposed to let any makeup get into your skin, I think it's called that gal.


http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/gp/product/B000HAZLZ2/sr=1-1/qid=1224654118/ref=sr_1_1/103-9275492-8976608?ie=UTF8%26amp;n=164989011%26amp;bcBrand=core#DESCRIPTIONBare Minerals makeup? Any reviews?
Here's why people dislike Bare Minerals 90% of the time:


-They aren't using the right shade


-They aren't doing it right (they say swirl tap buff for a reason)


- They use too much (people who say it's too powdery)


-They try to use brushes from other companys that don't work with mineral makeup.





Give it a try, your kit will have 2 foundations. Did somebody help you pick a shade? If not, do a stripe with each color and whichever blends the best is your shade. Please either watch the dvd or read up on it. If it's not done right- then DUH it's not gonna look right.






if you go to whole food stores in make up department you can find mineral


foundations and powders, lipsticks and other stuff.


for some reason the mineral make ups does not work on some people.


and believe it or not the brand names are not such a good products either.





so i guess for every one is different some will say this and that are the best but when you use it on yourself it does not work out well.





usually i do not wear make up only tint face cream and that mineral


loos powder.


and when i have to use make up i only use compares foundation which it can be use dry or moisturized, my favorite brand was Lancom.


only the foundation then i tried Shiseido and i m stuck with it.


well guess you have to try it and see how it works for you, you never know.












bare minerals contains a substance called bismuth oxychloride and it causes irritation of the skin. most mineral makeups that are in store like walmart have the same thing in it. next time try www.madminerals.org. they have a huge selection, with really good prices and their products do not have bismuth oxychloride.
I really like it.. it's bit too yellow for my skin (too beige) because I'm pretty white/pink.. kind of have porcelain skin, and my cheeks are pink. So like I said, it kind of makes me look a little more beige than I'd like to be, but that's just me. On the bright side, it stays on long, feels great on, covers well, etc. The trick is which brush you use. The smaller the brush, the more coverage there is. If I want a natural look, I use a big brush. For more coverage, I use my own foundation brush, which is fairly small. I don't use the mineral veil because I like the natural shine of the foundation itself. I've tried other mineral makeups, like the one from E.L.F, but this one stays on longer. I bought mine from eBay, and it's a bit cheaper. QVC also sells it and they have a money back guarantee for everything. I'm fairly certain this won't break you out, and you'll like it. Just experiment with it and see what you like. Good luck! :o) I found, by the way, that the blush didn't last very long. Haven't tried the eyeshadows and such, tho.
I've had it for over a year. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes I hate the way it looks. Powdery. And I can easily make a mistake with color and starting over is very time consuming. It takes a long time to apply, and that is a deal breaker for me. I usually go back to my Lancome. Bare Minerals does seem to last all day. I did have a problem of their sending it without my asking. That was a huge problem for me. I have enough to leave it in my will to my granddaughters.
my mom bought the stuff and it was no better than store bought makeup. and they kept trying to send her more stuff she didnt order and then charge her for it! send it back immediently and cancel your subscription if you have one! i know this didnt really answer your question, im just trying to help you save your money!
You're going to love it. Ive been using it for over three years and I will never use anything else again. It feels like u have no makeup and the coverage is good. I know it seems like it might not be but its really good. I can go on and on, but you'll see! good purchase! It lasts pretty well, but you can always reapply or just brush on some of the mineral veil if u think u look oily.


For the people who said that the company kept sending more makeup without them ordering it...If they had paid attention to what they ordered, the club came with the first initial purchase, which sends you more makeup at a discount plus a free gift, every so often, you pick how long the time is between new shipments and u can do that online. They arent trying to trick anyone...durdur
I tried Sephora's mineral makeup and it is great. I did waste my money on the cheaper brands and there is no comparison. It is a little pricey but works.
i will never go back to liquid foundation. one the best inventions ever created.
i used to use it





it stays on very well, but it kindof feels nasty on your skin, i LOVE the eye shadows though

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting